Friday 26 March 2010

Friday's Favourites!

I have spent the week coping with poorly children, worrying about my friend D, and not getting enough sleep, but have ended the week happy, having made some decisions about some important things and feeling a little lighter for that!!!

Something occurred to me.... I give the parents of my mindees questionnaires to fill in to see how I'm doing and ask them if there's anything else I could be doing...... so why not ask my readers what they think of the blog and what else they would like to see here? So please could you comment or e-mail me with your thoughts and wishes and I can get on to them!!!

I was pleased to have finally started posting about Montessori, it has been bugging me for a while but I didn't know how to get past my mental block on it and just DO it!! Now I have I feel good.  Sarah posted a long comment about it and made some great points... I am composing a reply (i.e. scribbling it on post it notes whilst I cook meals!!) and will post a reply and some more information soon!  Thanks for taking the time to comment everyone!

So now down to business, with my favourite ideas from around the web this week:
  • There are some very inspiring activity ideas for Easter on this fabulous new site that I discovered this week (added to my sidebar), please take the time to cruis round the site, there are plenty of photos to see and ideas to use as well as printable resources that support all the areas of learning and development.
  • This idea about growing real grasses in baskets started me thinking about how great to grow grass indoors (or any sprouting seeds) to add a new dimension to small world play (the farm is very popular here at the minute)
  • These obstacle course markers look great fun and an easy starter to get children thinking about what else they could do!
Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen
    We have tried growing grass indoors and made a dinosaur land/ Fairy forest etc. It was a great success! Thanks for the link to the new site.....some fab ideas there. Will add them to my planning!
    Monkey x

    ReplyDelete