Tuesday 8 February 2011

Mummy, I've made concrete!


 Now those words might strike dread into the hearts of many but Daddy was apparently keeping an eye on matters so I cheerfully went along with it! Follow the steps below to see what happened (photos 3, 4 and 5 were taken by Eve herself)

The mixing of 'concrete' and some investigation of it's properties........

Laying the foundations and initial twig 'bricks'.........


A doorway becomes evident.....

The back of the house, showing a window and part of the bark roof....

The front, with a sturdy lintel over the doorway and the 'shiplap' roof tiles!

I was impressed I have to say...... I just hope it doesn't rain tonight and leave a soggy pile of twigs and bark for the morning!

2 comments:

  1. I just adore her house. This brings back many fond memories from my childhood. I had a whole adobe brick 'factory' going in our side yard and somehow my mom was able to handle it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed too! This is great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete