Sunday 3 October 2010

Mission Accomplished!

Mission Accomplished


I am considering that I have achieved September's mission, which was to have all of my daughter's curriculum planned out in writing and posted on the blog.  Now here come the slight twists..... I realised that doing a formally planned cultural curriculum just isn't workable at the moment given my time commitments so I have shelved all my lovely ideas for reconsideration in February when I will magically have two days just for Eve!...... I also realised that although I would love to post my plans and resources for others to use, that isn't possible at present either due to time, knowledge and software limitations so I am shelving that plan until next year also..... perhaps I could make it a 'Mama's mission' to get it up and running!!!!

I already posted all my work on the blue series of Montessori (see August archives) and the list of maths abilities that i would like to have worked through by the end of the year.  I have done myself a 'skeleton plan' from which to work and that is 'good enough'.  I also consider this a triumph over my perfectionist self that often ends up doing nothing just because it isn't perfect!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Jen! Sometimes it's hard for us to acknowledge that things don't actually have to be perfect. Good enough IS good enough! Way to go :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I used to be the SAME way! Everything HAD to be perfect!!!!! But, somehow, after 5 kids, I have changed...quite a bit! Sometimes I kinda wish I were more like how I used to be...perhaps I would have a cleaner house...or I would know what we were going to have for dinner tonight...or I would already have our homeschool lessons planned out for the remainder of the year. Sigh...perfection...I have a love/hate relationship with it! LOL

    ReplyDelete