Saturday 25 February 2012

Mini Daffs For Mother's Day!

I have had this packet of miniature daffodil bulbs tucked away for months, ready for when I went back to work. I returned to work as a child minder later than planned for various reasons and so late that the bulbs were growing in the bag! We finally got them potted up and I hope that they will flower in time to give as Mother's day gifts but if not then all good intentions were there!

We started by hammering holes into the bottom of clean food tins with a hammer and nails - Dewi did this with them and had his thumb hammered a few times by accident!
The girls filled them almost full with compost then added the bulbs before tucking a little bit more compost around the tops and sides of the bulbs to make sure that there were no air pockets. A little bit of water and a sunny window sill finished them off for now and we will decorate the tins nearer to Mother's Day before giving them to various Mummies and deserving others!! There were a few left over so I tucked them in my garden to keep the crocuses and snowdrops company!!

No comments:

Post a Comment