- I love spiders – first facts and pictures (I had my copy from The Works in a four for £5 deal)
- Incy Wincy Spider - Kate Toms (from Dobbies garden centre)
- Story sack with drain pipe, floaty blue fabric, paper plate sunshine and spider finger puppet.
- make a 'word web' of new spider words that can be used to enhacne the children's vocabulary
- Create a big web by giving each child a piece of string/wool and some blue tack/tape and letting them fix one piece at a time, so a community web builds up.
- Teach the actions to ‘Incy Wincy Spider’
- Making a big web – indoors or outdoors.
- Water play – different sized holes in bottles to make the rain that washed incy away!
- Cutting skills – the spider’s legs