Thursday 4 March 2010

Incy Wincy Week!

Next week, around other things, we are supporting Chatterbox Challenge by having 'Incy Wincy week'.  My planning is below, I present it in a spider diragram (no pun intended!!!) with the title in the middle and one box for each area of the EYFS.  Many of the links for this have come from a website that requires a membership payment, called kidssoup.com.  I find it value for money as the materials are high quality and I use it a lot, but there is a free trial you can use to download these resources and see if you like it!

CLL
  • I love spiders – first facts and pictures (I had my copy from The Works in a four for £5 deal)
  • Incy Wincy Spider - Kate Toms (from Dobbies garden centre)
  • Story sack with drain pipe, floaty blue fabric, paper plate sunshine and spider finger puppet.
  • make a 'word web' of new spider words that can be used to enhacne the children's vocabulary
PSRN

 PSED
  • Create a big web by giving each child a piece of string/wool and some blue tack/tape and letting them fix one piece at a time, so a community web builds up.
PD
  • Teach the actions to ‘Incy Wincy Spider’
  • Making a big web – indoors or outdoors.
  • Water play – different sized holes in bottles to make the rain that washed incy away!
  • Cutting skills – the spider’s legs
CD
KUW
I'm looking forwards to this one... lots of fun things to slot rounf what we are already doing!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the links! You might also like this video animation of Incy Wincy that my son made. Incy Wincy Spider

    ReplyDelete