Sunday 29 May 2011

Paint Bag Sight Words

This is a great and simple way to practice sight words (or letters of the alphabet if you are at an earlier stage). I squeezed a little yellow paint into a ziploc bag and made sure all of the air was out before sealing it carefully and spreading out the paint. We used this by me writing words on for eve to tell me what they were. There was an unexpected twist as Eve began learning how to spell the words also. I hadn't planned on asking her to learn their spellings, just to recognise them for reading purposes. It does however make sense to know how to write them as well seeing how often they will crop up in her writing. I had the idea from the book 'Success With sight Words' by Sara Throop - I wrote about the book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment