Friday 16 April 2010

Friday's Favourites!

This week has been sunny and cold in equal measures but we have had a fabulous week; exploring the woods learning about badgers and marking Baisakhi with dancing and cooking and sharing samosas.  Even the children who don't normally try new things ate more samosas and wanted the recipe to take home!!

The new room arrangement in my home is working really well - the abundance of floor space is amazing and the children have used it wonderfully.  None of the resources that I removed have been missed, the children have concentrated attention instead on things that are flexible and open-ended.

This weeks best picks are very crafty, I fancy trying a few of these this weekend myself:
  • I'll be digging in the recycling for bottle caps to make these ladybirds.
  • These sensory bottles have some good ideas contained inside them!
  • How about a paper plate tambourine? genius!!
Next week we will be celebrating Earth Day by making our own paper from scrap paper.  Look out for a planning post this weekend, as well as some extensions for the float and sink activity!!

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I saw your comment on the NaturalKids Team blog. You are welcome to use my craft idea/ link! I like your blog and signed up to follow!
    Many Blessings!
    Ulla

    www.germandolls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ulla,
    Thanks for the permission....I'm going to try it with my girls today! I like the way you write, it's very funny to read, I will be following!

    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete